Search a Doodle

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Laura Cooks: Chicken Parmesan (w/ Illustration)

Hey everyone! Man I have to say, I am getting pretty good at this cooking business!! This week I made SkinnyTaste's "Baked Chicken Parmesan" Yes, another SkinnyTaste recipe! Why?? Because so far they are really easy to follow and really low in calories!!



I had to improvise a lot on this one but it still came out really tasty. First of all, I accidentally grabbed the 1/3 cup instead of the 1/4 cup for the parmesan. I just grabbed the smallest cup I saw and assumed it was the 1/4 cup. But who can have TOO much cheese? Did not hurt the recipe at all. 



I ALSO didn't have any tomato sauce or mozzarella cheese around but I had the chicken, bread crumbs, and all the other ingredients. I skipped all that stuff. I was more focused on the chicken and I think it came out soooo good! I was really surprised it was like I was eating breaded chicken for the FIRST time. 


My illustration for the recipe started out as a chicken cutlet. That's not fun and cute though!! I focused on the main ingredients instead and doodles up a cute little chicken holding some italian bread and parmesan cheese. I like to think she went grocery shopping and is on her way to make dinner for her family as well :)

If you would like to try the recipe for yourself be sure to check it out on the "SkinnyTaste" blog at http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/04/baked-chicken-parmesan.html

Total Pageviews

Followers