Search a Doodle

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

New Additions to my Bookshelf

Hey everyone! This evening I went to Border's books in Reading and I picked up a few neat design-related books.

I was originally on the hunt for the first volume of Scott Pilgrim. I know, I know, it is bad to hop on the band wagon suddenly, but I really did enjoy the movie. I heard the movie did not make as much money as expected though, which is sad, so I urge you all to give it a chance! I think I would enjoy the comics. The bad news was though I think everyone else thought the same thing, they have every other volume BUT volume 1.



I ended up just pulling up my Amazon.com Wishlist on my HTC HD2 and went to town there. I could not find some of the books on my wishlist but my 3G phone is a LIFESAVER. Any book I picked up I could immediately search it on Amazon.com and read the reviews before shelling out the cash for it. I ended up picking up three good books. 2 of them are related to art.



I try to read a lot but with my job, plus keeping track of my business, I always stick it on the back burner. It has always been an idea in my mind though to start book reviews on my blog.



The first one I started was Breaking into Freelance Illustration by Holly DeWolf which I picked up at random and had a five star review. I'll write a full review for it when I finish reading.

Have a good night everyone!

No comments:

Total Pageviews

Followers