Search a Doodle

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Summer Hard Tour

Hello everyone! Last week I got a chance to go see the Summer Hard Tour in Philadelphia at my most favorite venue, the Electric Factory. I went for the headliner, Crystal Castles, an awesome Canadian band I'm sure I've mentioned once before.



I met some great people standing in line. A group of people about like 20 minutes from where I live ironically. One was a photographer whose name was Ian Stoner. He showed me some of his stunning photographs via his iPhone and I was blown away. I added just one of my favorites to my post here (below). Check him out guys, he has a Facebook page!


via ianstonerphotography

When I got inside the other artists preforming there were some random DJs and it was a very rave-like atmosphere with lots of glow sticks and hydration going on. Destructo I found to be absolutely entertaining, then there was a fellow named Synaden(?) I think who was horrid, followed by someone named Rusko who was pretty cool.


via Scobie19 on Flickr

Crystal Castles was an experience in itself. I enjoyed watching Alice Glass constantly jumping in the crowd, drizzling alcohol down the crowds faces, having her own drum solo by using the microphone as a drumstick, and rolling around the stage. Unfortunately the lighting was super poor. A lot of strobe. I couldn't get a good picture for the life of me. So I decided to draw a picture of the experience instead.

Here is the completed portrait of Alice Glass I created in Photoshop and Illustrator:



I'm actually really pleased with how it came out. I had showed it to someone who didn't even know who Alice was and they immediately recognized her as "that that chick who jumps around in skirts in that band."

I hope everyone has a great weekend :D

1 comment:

♥Bunny♥ said...

Looks like had had alot of fun! really love that guys photography! I admit, its relly really goood! and you art is fantastic ^^

Total Pageviews

Followers