Search a Doodle

Sunday, December 12, 2010

New Jersey Trip Take Two

Hey everyone just wanted to make a little post about my trip to New Jersey on the 8th with my brother.

Have you ever heard of Man vs Food? If you haven't you're missing out on something amazing. It is a television series on the Travel Channel with the concept of a guy named Adam who goes around doing food battles from restaurants all over America. The American dream.



Early December or around late November my brother did one of the challenges at Chick and Ruth's Deli. I missed out on the trip since it was just him and his friends with huge appetites, hoping they would prevail like Rocky. Unfortunately it was a day in which food won instead.

BUT the last time I was in New Jersey my brother suggested I check out RU HUNGRY (a restaurant featured on the show), the grease trucks across from Rutger's for one of their tasty sandwiches. The menu consists of sandwiches packed with steak, mozzarella sticks, french fries, chicken tenders, everything bad for you thrown into a sub roll.



I got the Fat Darrel, french fries, marinara sauce, chicken tenders and mozzarella sticks on a roll for 7.50 with a grape soda. It was delicious. But obviously not something to be consumed on a daily basis.



From there we headed to the Bridgewater Mall hoping to find the store, "Pop Culture," which I used Google to find the address from. But they apparently moved out of that mall, so it was a lost cause.



Although the staff was nice enough to answer my Facebook post questioning their location from my mobile phone super quickly and to text me the address we had to skip it. It would have been 15 minutes from our original destination (very convenient) the new address just confused us. I'll save it for another day I suppose.

All in all, another successful and productive trip to New Jersey.

Hope everyone has a great week!!

No comments:

Total Pageviews

Followers