Search a Doodle

Friday, January 21, 2011

Blueberry Cupcakes

We had two containers of fresh blueberries at home and after religiously pouring them into every cereal I would eat I was afraid, being that it was fresh fruit they would go bad in a couple of days :( So I decided I wanted to bake something with them. Blueberry muffins were out for being soooo cliche (also the last time I DID bake something it WAS blueberry muffins).



My next idea was to make blueberry PancakePuffs. Remember PancakePuffs?? It was a cast iron pan you put on your stove that made round little pancakes. Since I have my cupcake maker, I figured if I put pancake batter in it, it ALSO would make pancake puffs.

I finally decided just to go with my instinct and make my favorite thing in the world, cupcakes! I googled "Blueberry Cupcakes" and picked the first I recipe I found which was on Squidoo.



They turned out pretty good. The batch only make about 12 even though it said it made 18 LARGE cupcakes but oh well it's not like I can eat 18 anyway.





I also added leftover Teal Wilton Food Coloring I had to the frosting and attempted to pipe it on the top.

Want to try the recipe for yourself?? The original is at Squidoo but I typed out a copy for you all here:

Ingredients

1 1/4 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup butter
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup blueberries

Instructions

Sift dry ingredients together to mix well.
Cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Whisk egg vigorously to incorporate air and make the eggs light.
Stir in egg, milk and vanilla and combine thoroughly.
Add to dry mixture and stir together (some lumps should remain) and add the blueberries.
Fill well greased muffin tins with batter until two thirds full.
Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until done.

As I've said before, I am no pastry chef, or baker, nor do I ever claim to be exceptionally good at it. It is just something I do to destress myself and make the people around me happy :)

No comments:

Total Pageviews

Followers