Search a Doodle

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

"Octopus in Love" Watercolor Painting

Hey everyone just wanted to share another one of my creative gift solutions of Christmas for one of my friends.



James is a good friend of mine that I have known for probably 4 years and we met online back when Xanga was realllyyy cool.

But he likes Octopus and so we came up with the concept of "Octopus in Love." I created the cartoon octopus from simple sketches, scanned them in and printed them on some watercolor paper I had laying around my house.

From there I broke out my brushes (instead of the usual crayola crayons) and did something I dread; watercolor painting. I need the practice. I took my time and picked orange and brown colors I knew he and I both favor. For the background I just did a blue and green wash of paint.







I put it in a frame and ta-dah instant masterpiece.



Have a great day everyone!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laura! I still love this, haha thank you so much for the beautiful present. Your talents are beyond amazing! :)

Total Pageviews

Followers