Search a Doodle

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Whitney's Birthday and Puppy Themed Cake!

Hey everyone! We all know I love designing, drawing and just art in general but did you know, I also love to bake? I've posted a few entries on here before about baking like my Little Mermaid Cake and Blueberry Cupcakes. It's a fun activity to do. Plus it is a great way to de-stress and put a smile on your face! Who doesn't love receiving cookies and cakes?


So when Whitney's birthday came up what better gift to give then a custom cake, that looks just like her!! I am no way a professional baker, nor have I had ANY sort of formal training so I searched all over the web for tips on decorating cakes for dogs and found a cute design on SweetArtFactory.com:


Image via Sweet Art Factory Cakes

I took a stab at it with a dog-friendly Carrot Cake recipe and here was the result:



I know it's not perfect, but Whitney was quite excited to receive her cake and we dug right in to eat it!!



It was quite the occasion!! She even got dressed up with some fancy bows so we could match!!



For more great decorating tips and to learn how to make your own little puppy cakes be sure to check out the step-by-step instructions on the Sweet Art Facotyr Website: http://www.sweetartfactory.com/a_5/Cakes-your-Kids-Can-Make.htm

No comments:

Total Pageviews

Followers