Search a Doodle

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's Day Crafts!


Hey everyone! Well it's Mother's Day soon... two days!! I actually bought all of my mother's day gifts AHEAD of time and they were all fun crafty things I bought at Michaels Arts and Crafts so I figured I would share some cheap projects I made!!



I put together a small gift bag for my mom. The bag itself was usually 1 dollar and on sale for 25 cents!! Talk about a deal.



Next I picked up two cute stationary items in their Fun Finds aisle! I bought Mom a magnetic list pad and a journal. Both were 2 dollars a piece!!

Now for the crafty items! I could not pass up these cute plaster bobble head dolls for 1.99 a piece. . .



The paints I used were a 3.29 strip of Apple Barrel paint pots. Apple Barrel is my favorite craft acrylic! (I actually already had these stored away so $0 dollars spent there...)



Mine turned out great, although painting a bobble head doll is JUST as difficult as it sounds.



I am also not the best painter in the world :\ so excuse my mess ups! Mom will still love it, it's the thought that counts!



For my next project, I'm going to cheat a little and tell you I already had the frame, glue, paint pens, and bottle of acrylic paint on hand, so it was relatively even CHEAPER for myself.



The frames though, are only a dollar and my Michael's always has a TON. They're in the wood crafts aisle, as well as on an end and on a Mom's Day project grid.



The brand of acrylic I used was $1.19 Apple Barrel Gloss. . .I took a foam brush and did about three coats of acrylic paint on the frame.

They also had great, pre-made wooden accents that were mom and dad themed only for 1.00.



The one I picked out was sparkly and pink and read: "I [heart] Mom"



With the paint pens I carefully outlined the outside and inside of the frame. I used quick short lines to create a stitch-like pattern with alternating colors. The paint pens are 3.29 each, but just used as as accent colors. You can just as easily use a fine brush and paint the accents on with colors from your paint pots!!



And VOILA! The finished product came out nice. I wrapped everything in some pink tissue paper I had lying around and they're ready for Sunday.



There you go, perfect mother's day gifts. All and all I added it up, piece by piece and you'll only pay about 18 some dollars depending on your tax. I myself only paid 7.24 BECAUSE, as I mentioned, I had a lot of the supplies on hand.

Don't forget Mother's Day is this Sunday so happy shopping!!

1 comment:

Maria Palito said...

Wow really cool ideas , your mom will be really happy tomorrow!!

happy mothers day for your mom

maria palito

Total Pageviews

Followers